My Card Life

Thursday, January 20, 2011

For a Hospitalized Friend

A dear friend of mine suffered a brain aneurysm last week and is still hospitalized.  I made this card with a design I know she'll appreciate because she loves canaries, and I love birds.  I didn't make it a get well card because it just didn't seem appropriate.  I made a thinking of you card and wished her encouragement and wrote her a poem.





Please pray for my friend.  She actually is more than a friend, I was engaged to her son when he died in an automobile accident in 1990.  She's still my Mom Dunn.

I used Recollections Ivory card stock, 5x6.5.
The birdcage stamp was put on watercolor paper.
I used K&Co. paper and Studio G and Studio112 (inside sentiment not shown) stamps.
I colored the bird cage with Studio G inks: yellow, red and green.
I highlighted the stamp with red, yellow, green and brown water color pencils from General's Kimberly collection, then took a damp paintbrush to artsify the birdcage, then
trimmed the three edges with Friskars "Majestic" pattern Paper Edgers.
The ribbon is from American Crafts.
I used EK Success  Fastenater with a black staple to intensify the adherence of the birdcage portion of the card.
It is used to keep the card closed and I thought tape wouldn't be strong enough.

No comments: